- The Mission and Interpretation and Promotion committee, with graphic arts assistance from Bel Air Presbyterian Church, has produced a brochure that summarizes grant resources from the Presbytery of the Pacific, Synod of Southern California and Hawai'i. Download the brochure and obtain application information for the Presbytery of the Pacific's rresources below. The brochure will guide you to contacts for the other sources.
CHRIST AT THE DOOR
Forms are in MS Word format. The free OpenOffice will also open them.
Upcoming Events in May
- Events in the flyer packet linked below include a Board of Pensions Informational Lunch (May 1), a LEAD Event (May 9), Presbyterian Men's Spring Gathering (May 11), and For Such a Time as This—Immigration Discussion (May 18). In addition, information about the availability of Mission Co-Worker Tracey King-Ortega as a speaker or worship participant is incuded.
May Events Flyer Packet
For such a time as this, updated information
(flyers, registration, information)
United University Church Receives Award
"Meets a vital Christian education need in the church community"
- May 6 2013 - For the 22nd year, Union Presbyterian Seminary has granted the Congregational Leadership Awards to churches who have shown leadership in developing new and effective ministries. As a national program, the awards of $1,000 each have been given to congregations in 28 states, touching the lives of thousands of individuals. Among the criteria for selecting award recipients is the realization of significant change in the congregation as a result of the initiative. In times of budget decreases, declining memberships, and competition for time and resources of congregants, the 2013 Congregational Leadership Awards winners have proven that the church is still a vital force in the daily lives of those who seek God.
This year, among the winners was the United University Church of Los Angeles, CA, which received the W. T. “Tolly” Thompson Award for creatively meeting a vital Christian education need in the church community. United University Presbyterian Church started the "Campus Engagement Program,” which works directly with UCLA students. It operates on a three- dimensional model that calls on students to focus inward (for better self-understanding), upward (to develop a closer relationship with the divine), and outward (by building relationships within the church and reaching out to the community). Programs include: “Critical Lens Student Bible Study” in which the Bible is studied through informed academic methods of study and personal experience; “Living in the Spirit,” a group that explores different spiritual practices as a means of relaxation and connection with God; “Open Table Worship,” a small dinner gathering in which students share a meal, discuss scripture and celebrate communion together; and other community service and interfaith opportunities. For more information visit their website .
For a complete overview of the 2013 Congregational Leadership Award recipients and information on the 2014 Congregational Leadership Awards, go here.
- Location: Brentwood Presbyterian Church
Presbytery met on April 27 2013
Earth Care Congregations
- Christ Church Uniting in Kailua and Culver City Presbyterian are certified as "Earth Care Congregations" by the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Environmental Ministries. This honor speaks to the great commitment these churches have made to caring for God’s earth by integrating environmental practices and activities in the fields of worship, education, facilities, and outreach. Learn more about earning this certification for your church at the link, above.
- Subscription List and Opt-in Form
Look over this page displaying the wide variety of electronic newsletter subscriptions available from PC (U.S.A.).