Chair: Rev. Ann Hayman
Meetings: Last Wednesday of the month. Subcommittees meet at 2 or 3 pm. Full committee meets in plenary from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Duties: COM is organized in 3 ministry teams (subcommittees) to fulfill the responsibility of serving as pastor, counselor and advisor to the Teaching Elders and congregations of the Presbytery. They are: Pastor Nurture; Credentials and Compensation; Transitions. Each COM member is part of one of these teams that meet monthly. Members of COM are also called upon to:
- Serve as a presbytery liaison to Pastor Nominating Committees in churches seeking to call a teaching elder
- Build and maintain relationships with teaching elder members of the presbytery
- Serve on intervention/support teams with church sessions
- Provide pastoral care both short term and ongoing
- Offer support with church human resource/personnel committees
- All of the above will require additional meetings
Gifts and skills: Wisdom; humility; compassion – a willing heart with care and concern for individual pastor and the congregation as a whole; critical impartial thinking. Knowledge and understanding of: the Book of Order, Presbytery of the Pacific processes and procedures; the diversity within/among church cultures; conflict management/resolution; listening and interfacing well with people.
Passion for: the health and well-being of the Church; pastoring teaching and ruling elders; prayerfully seeking the will of God through the direction of the Holy Spirit as expressed through the deliberations and contributions of the full COM committee, Sessions, and Pastor Nominating Committees.
Willingness to: spend a significant amount of time beyond monthly meetings to faithfully complete tasks and responsibilities. Sign a Code of Ethics promising to maintain confidentiality and avoid any conflict of interest while serving on COM. Actively participate in the life of the Presbytery.