Guardian Angels are a group of volunteers from churches to ensure that unaccompanied migrant children from Central America receive a complete evaluation for political asylum. We visit immigration courts in bilingual teams so that our English-speaking volunteers can document whether the court is respecting the children’s rights while the Spanish-speaking volunteers offer care, prayer, and legal/medical referrals to the children and their families through this traumatic process. We wear T-Shirts with the Guardian Angels logo and connect families with legal representation and services.
Grace and Peace,
Rev. Heidi Worthen Gamble
Contact Rev. Heidi
For Further Reading and Information:
- Speech – DOWNLOAD manuscript to Presbytery, February 20, 2016 about Unaccompanied Minors by Rev. Heidi Worthen Gamble.
- Article – The Refugees at Our Door
- Article – Our Own Migrant Crisis is Still Here
- Article – The Refugee Tragedy in Our Own Backyard
- Article – Mexico’s Migration Crackdown Escalates Dangers for Central Americans